It's been a couple of very challenging months here. I've been able to dive into TA sporadically. But it's not uncommon at this point for my work hours to be 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. or later. So time has been at a premium the last few months.
Here's a brief update to remind everybody that I am still, in fact, working on this.
- I did not make it. I was on a plane with my 7-year-old and 5-year-old to fly them to the grandparents. I was optimistic that this would free up some time for the book but it didn't work out that way.
As far as the book, here's where it stands.
- I'm about a third of the way through re-writing the monsters. The new format works fairly well for me and exists in some strange place in between DCC RPG, 13th Age, and Dungeon World.
- As part of the Monsters section, I'm working on the Advanced Rule Options as well. This where the infamous "cleavage rule" joins us. The primary reason for working on them together is that some of the monsters have interesting things to do when combined with some of the AROs. And don't worry, the AROs are pretty limited in scope. And all entirely optional.
- I'm just slammed at the day job right now. So I'm forced to work on TA in short increments -- 30 minutes here, 15 minutes there. You get the picture. It's not progressing along at all like I'd planned. I was hoping that the Monsters section would be done (or approaching done) by now.
- Not much ugly to report this time around.